We all have these moments when you’re in desperate need of some bliss or are close to your 4pm snack craving time. These raw balls are pure goodness, full of healthy nuts, raw chocolate and the little extra orange flavour. Plus they’re done in no time.
Ingredients for 12-14 medium sized balls (depends on whether you prefer to roll large or smaller balls):*
- 12 fresh, pitted dates (roughly chopped)
- 100 ground almonds
- 100g hazelnuts without skin (ideally opt for roasted hazelnuts as they give more flavour)
- 20g raw cacao powder (no added sugar) plus some for dusting the balls
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- Put all ingredients (except the additional cacao powder for dusting) into a food processor and blend until the mixture comes nicely together. The longer you process the more grounded hazelnuts you get. I personally prefer a slightly rustic version with crunchy hazelnut pieces. But do as you fancy.
- Using a tablespoon and roll the mixture into balls.
- Once you are finished with the mixture, dust the balls with the leftover cacao powder.
*Inspired by a Donna Hay recipe